iPhone 8 Automatic Setup
iPhone 8 Use Automatic Setup
iPhone 8 Automatic Setup – Congratulations on your new iPhone 8! So now you have a nice shiny new iPhone 8, but what can you do now. Well there’s no need to worry about it as this iPhone 8 setup guide is designed for beginners and we will keep it simple.
The first thing you need to do is to move all your apps and data from your old iPhone. Thankfully, your new iPhone 8 arrives with iOS 11 which features new automatic setup. This feature streamlines the setup process for your new iPhone, transfers over preferences, preferred settings, iCloud Keychain passwords as well as Apple ID and Wi-Fi info.
However, iPhone 8 automatic setup doesn’t offer full device to device content transfer. This is different than restoring from an iCloud backup. You will still have to transfer over app data by restoring from a backup after transferring settings using the Automatic Setup feature. You should see the step available when the Automatic Setup is complete. Check out the following iPhone 8 Tutorial to learn more about iOS 11 Automatic Setup.Advertisment
How to Use Automatic Setup in iPhone 8
- Power on your iPhone 8
- Choose your language
- You should receive “Set Up Your iPhone (or iPad)” prompt
- Put your old iPhone near your new iPhone 8 to initiate Automatic Setup
- You should see a pop up letting you know you can use Automatic Setup on your old iPhone
- Tap “Continue” to start
- You should now see an image on your new iPhone 8 telling you to scan it with the camera on your old iPhone
- Now hold your old iPhone’s camera over the image to pair
- Next, enter the passcode from your old iPhone on your new iPhone 8
- Next, all of your data starts transferring over to your new iPhone 8
Also Read: iPhone 8 Hard Reset Tutorial
Is that all? No, after completing the iPhone 8 automatic setup, you need to set up Touch ID with your fingerprints. Next, you will jump into Express Settings, the new feature in iOS 11 which will enable default settings for location, Find My iPhone, and analytics. You will receive questions that you had to answer before you finally got to the home screen. However, if you don’t want these options enabled, simply tap on “Customize Settings” to manage them.
Next, you can restore your apps and data from an iCloud backup, or set your iPhone as new device. Don’t forget to use the iCloud backup step for a full content transfer from your old iPhone to your new iPhone 8.
- Make sure that your old iPhone runs iOS 11 so you can use the Automatic Setup.
- This Automatic Setup is only for settings and bypassing some of the setup steps so you will still have to make an iCloud backup to transfer content from your old iPhone.
Read more on iPhone 8 user guide for more detail on setting up your new iPhone 8.